Cooking!!

I think I'm starting to love cooking!! Yay!!! :)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Black Pepper Poulet!

So I went grocery shopping yesterday, to pick up some food stuffs for my house. I was sick for 3 days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) so I had nothing to stuff into my mouth hence my belly! Hungry for days, had Milo and instant noodles. I wanted to make porridge, like pork porridge or chicken porridge or plain porridge, but I don't have Bovril/Marmite or century eggs. So I thought, Maggi mee will do!! Hehe.

Oh yeah, so I bought this buy 1 free 1 chicken breast, (cheapskate) Monoprix is currently having this promotion, some stuffs are buy 1 get 1 free. It was really my day because I got the last jar of free Nutella, and also the last loaf of wholemeal bread! This will kill my hunger, I thought.

Black pepper chicken, it's so simple since I used the Lee Kum Kee black pepper paste. I heat up the oil, toss in some onions, cook it until it's, well, cooked. Hahaha! (Sorry, don't have the mood to look up vocabularies for cooking.) And then, cook the chicken pieces/strings/whatever. And when it looked like it's cooked, scoop in some black pepper paste and stir stir stir. It was my first time with this lovely paste so I decided to taste it first, in case it's too sour/sweet/spicy. And indeed it was salty. Alors I had to add in some sugar, and to add up some tiny winy sweety soury taste, I put in 1 scoop of sauce aigre douce.. Toss toss toss, stir stir stir until desired color and taste and voila!

Served with hot rice, buon appetito!


This dish definitely tasted so heavenly, after being a vegetarian for a week or plus! I need meat! I need meat! I definitely need meat! Hehehe!

1 comment: